What is Faith?
- strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
- Belief, trust and loyalty to the Lord.
- Finding hope and security in God.
- The development of a uniquely loving and obedient relationship with God.
The act of Faith is so much more than simply believing in God.
Faith is trusting that all things are as they should be.
Faith is a lifestyle and a mindset. Living in faith of God and His works will produce astronomical results.
Mark 11:22-24 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
Conviction: a firmly held belief or opinion; the quality of showing that one is firmly convinced of what one believes or says.
Faith is accepting that something is true and acting upon it. It is more than knowing, or being convinced, that something is true.
So what can faith do?
- Faith ensures that we will be granted access to the kingdom of heaven. Our faith has to be held in the most high, in our Lord and Savior. He is the only one who can do every single thing that He promises to do; He is the only one who can give us eternal life! No family member, minister, church or fellowship can grant you that promise only the Lord can. And only through Faith can we receive that promise.
Ephesians 2:9 – For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.
- Faith is a protector and a shield from all things evil. With faith, no harm can come to us. We can survive in this world with all of the bad and evil going on, but only with faith will we get through it all unscathed.
Ephesians 6:16 – In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
- Faith will give you a strong foundation for your walk with the Lord. Our walk with the Lord is the most important thing that we can maintain in our life. We need that walk to be more consistent; Faith will provide that consistency.
2 Chronicles 20:20– Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established.
- Faith is the guarantee that we will always be provided for. We will never go without. He will always deliver what we need and desire. It may not always happen exactly when we want it, or in the exact way that we want it. But God would never let His child go without.
1 John 5:14 – This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us.